The Spinnaker plugin lets developers trigger application environments on-demand directly from their Spinnaker pipelines. Spinnaker users can easily integrate the Torque environments-as-a-service platform into their projects by utilizing the Torque plugin’s pre-defined commands.
To integrate Torque with the Spinnaker plugin, make sure to complete the next few steps.
- This plugin integrates Torque into your Pipelines in Spinnaker 1.23.0 and above.
Install the plugin:
- Read how to add the Halyard file that will be used to load the orca file, and how to add the profile file to load the Deck frontend here.
- When adding the Halyard file, you’ll need to provide the following parameters:
- torqueUrl - Use https://portal.qtorque.io
- account - The Torque account name (optional)
- torqueToken - Use the token with the value generated below:
- Click the Generate New Token button in the plugin's instructions pane.
3. Verify and launch
Once installed, you’ll have 2 new stage types that you could use as part of your pipelines:
- Torque Start Sandbox - will be used to start a new environment. Its outputs can be used to run the rest of the pipeline with this newly-deployed environment.
- Torque End Sandbox - once the tests are completed, you can end the sandbox to teardown the environment.
Read more about these stages here.